April 28, 2013

Coming Home

Hello friends!

The end of April usually means one thing for the university student: it's time to come home. As much as I love my school and the freedom it gives me, there's nothing like getting a couple of weeks home. There's nothing like coming back to those familiar black doors, eating the hot, spicy Indian food that you had been eating since you were a wee child, and sinking into your Queen-sized bed for a good night's sleep.

Best of all, coming home gives me the time to breathe. Like I said, I love my school but amidst all the hustle-and-bustle of studying for and taking those tricky final exams and partying once they're over, you forget to breathe a little. Especially when you realize you only have just under 2 weeks before you have to head back.
      

Nothing like chilling by the front lawn and enjoying the fresh afternoon breeze.
      2009-01-01 02.44.15

2009-01-01 02.44.58      

My dad bought a house for little birdie but I've yet to see a bird there. Boo.
2009-01-01 02.50.46      2009-01-01 02.54.19

2009-01-01 03.01.05      2009-01-01 03.01.41

It's good to be home.
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I log on to your blog daily. Your writing style is witty,
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! Apologies for the late reply but somehow you were registered as spam. Regardless, thank you for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand the feeling! To be honest, I try and outline what I want to write. Usually, the problem is that I want to write but I don't know what to write. So I map it out and then once I get going, words just start flowing. From what you said, it makes me think that perhaps you have a lot of thoughts or ideas so writing them down on paper one by one will help clear your mind and allow for better organization. A nice cup of coffee whilst sitting at a Starbucks also does wonders for my productivity as well! Hope that helps! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...