June 25, 2013

Cha Gheill: A Queen's Celebration

Just over a week ago, I saw many of my friends graduate from Queen's. Unlike Brock's convocation, this ceremony was for only those graduating from the Biology program. I didn't have a ticket to attend but luckily since I work for Undergraduate Admissions, I was able to work the event.
queens-university-convocation-3
The day was gorgeous. The days before and after had been riddled with rain and cloudy weather but the sun was shining and there wasn't a dark cloud in the sky!
queens-university-convocation-22
Grant Hall (our convocation hall) was filled with tricolor regalia. It was a true Queen's celebration.
Fun Fact: The hall also has a lot of truly inspiring histories; during WWII, it was used as a hospital for the injured. Kingston itself is a very historic city.
queens-university-convocation-5
queens-university-convocation-27
queens-university-convocation-25
queens-university-convocation-24
One of the best things I love about Queen's is our traditions. Forget the new almost-grads walking into Grant hall to piano music. At Queen's, they're led in by bagpipes to honor our Scottish roots.
queens-university-convocation-8
It was great to see all my friends walk across the podium, get hooded, and get their diplomas but a little bittersweet because if I wasn't returning for another year, I would have been right there with them. But it was still great to be able to attend the graduation and see their bright smiles as they officially became Queen's alumni.
queens-university-convocation-9
queens-university-convocation-13
queens-university-convocation-14
queens-university-convocation-18
queens-university-convocation-19
queens-university-convocation-20
queens-university-convocation-16
A beautiful day for some beautiful girls. So proud for all of you! And I'm very happy to have shared the 4 past years with you!
Congratulations, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...