June 6, 2013

Well, I'm Feeling Perkins

First off, apologies for not blogging for a while there. This week has been crazy! But I did go home this past weekend and a few days home means meeting up with two of my high school besties, Rima and Lovejeet. Our perfect, though slightly rainy, day began with a very late brunch at Perkins, a restaurant and bakery hidden away in the shadows of Toronto and introduced to me by Lovejeet (there, happy?). Sadly, I had left my camera at home but Rima was more than gracious enough to lend me her Samsung Galaxy S4 camera so I could snap away!
IMG-20130602-WA005

IMG-20130602-WA004

Each of us ordered one of these badboys but sadly, I was quite disappointed with mine. I like my milkshakes sweet and although there were 4 scoops of ah-mazing vanilla ice cream, the after-taste was a little to milky and unsweet for my liking.



[caption id="attachment_208" align="aligncenter" width="640"]IMG-20130602-WA003 For R: Mediterranean Omelet with WW toast and hashbrowns.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_207" align="aligncenter" width="640"]IMG-20130602-WA002 For L: Pancakes with added chocolate chips (only part of her giant meal!)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_206" align="aligncenter" width="640"]IMG-20130602-WA001 Me: Belgian waffle with strawberry. Yum-my![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_205" align="aligncenter" width="640"]IMG-20130602-WA000 Ah yes, the remaining bit of L's meal.[/caption]

By the end, we were three happy musketeers! Although the milkshake was bit of a downer for me, the Belgian waffle more than made up for it! Stuffed to our necks, we ended our day with going to watch Now You See Me at the local theatre (find my review HERE).

You can find Perkins HERE. There are locations all over the US and Canada so if you have time for a delicious brunch on a weekend, go and have a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...