February 7, 2014

A Love Affair with (David's) Tea

Winters in Canada are harsh - obviously. While I drink coffee like it's water during the summer, it's a different story for the winter.

In winter, I begin a love affair with tea.

I have a ridiculous amount of tea but I've realized that there are a few that I've kept near and dear to my heart. So I thought this would be a good idea to blog about.

Because why not.


My tea stash comes from David's Tea. It's the only specialized tea store that is close enough for me to walk to and I've fallen in love with how amazing all their teas are. I have yet to be disappointed by a tea I've bought from them. But here are my current favourites!

1. Gail's Organic Cold Remedy (green tea)
Sadly, this tea has been discontinued now. This was in my stock for a year now and when my throat began to go particularly scratchy, this was the tea I went to. I was really really disappointed to find out it'd been discontinued but hopefully it may make a comeback next year? David's Tea, if you're reading this, PLEASE BRING THIS BACK.

2. Coffee Cake (black tea)
Again, I don't know why this wasn't on their website. This tea was part of their Winter collection and I can't even deal with how delicious it is. I don't usually take tea with milk but this tea is absolutely phenomenal with a splash of milk. Right when you open the lid, you're hit with a very sweet and soft scent that just overwhelms your senses. Craving that coffee cake from Starbucks? Skip that dessert and drink a cup of this instead. You won't regret it. 

Promise. 

This is one of the newer sweetners that I've seen at David's Tea and when I bought it, I was battling quite a nasty cold. Since I live in residence, I didn't really want to go and buy a jar of honey and lemons separately so I figured I'd try this particular product out. And I'm glad I did! It just melts so easily in your tea and you can even dunk your fingers in and eat it plain. You can definitely taste the lemon flavour quite distinctly but it's molded together with the honey so well that it's just amazing to add to your tea. Not interested in the lemon flavour? They also have cinammon creamed honey!

I couldn't find the design that I have since I suspect it's been sold out on the website. It was part of thier holiday collection so I believe it may make a comeback next winter maybe! But I love these mugs. They have a stainless steel infuser that fits right into the mug so you can put your loose-leaf teas in the infuser and leave them to steep right in the mug. At $20, they are kind of expensive but if you are a tea lover, this is the one mug you need in your pantry. 

Do you have any tea favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...