January 26, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Elixir

A month ago, I found out that Maybelline was finally bringing their Color Elixirs to Canada. I could not be more excited. These little babies were supposed to be a trifecta, delivering shine, pigmented application, and a balm-like texture in one. So I popped over to the closes Walmart and picked up two colors that I'd been in love with for a while.


L: Blush Essence // R: Captivating Carnation





L: Blush Essence // R: Captivating Carnation

I really like this new line by Maybelline. They do deliver on the appropriate shine and the balm-like texture. However, I don't particularly think they're the most pigmented glosses in the market. Then again, it could be because of the the shades I picked up are relatively light. I'd like to buy a deeper colored shade and test out its pigmentation though. But I do like the softness of the colors; both colors apply very subtly and give a nice, soft touch to your overall look.

The only thing that I don't like about these elixirs is that they are very sticky. I absolutely hate it when strands of my hair get stuck to my lips and for that reason, I've learnt not to wear either of these elixirs on a particularly windy day out -- at least not if my hair won't be up in a bun or a ponytail.

In every other way, I think these are pretty good though. Love the color and the shine it gives.

Have you tried these? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Eeek, I don't like sticky ones!! The colors are very pretty though.

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried these! They look super cute though. I'll have to go check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I'm gonna have to try these out! By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here is the link to my post about it: http://kimberlyschronicle.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebstar-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...