May 27, 2013

A Single Friday's Haul

This past Friday I was armed with a modem I had to return to the internet company. I had put off mailing it so I had to drop it off at their store location at the mall. That, my dear friends, is the perfect opportunity to shop. I wanted to pick up some shorts from American Eagle but couldn't really find anything in my style. Actually, I couldn't really find any clothes I liked at all anywhere. But I did find plenty of accessories! Here's my haul from The Body Shop, American Eagle, RW&CO, and Bath & Body Works.
The Body Shop

DSC01336

1. Tea Tree Skin Toner
2. Loofah
3. Exfoliating gloves
4. Organic cotton pads

One of my housemates last year, K, loves this tea tree skin toner. She has the most clear skin to the point where I've never seen even a tiny blemish on her face. I, on the other hand, get at least one breakout once every month and it gets especially bad during times of high stress, such as summer or exam season. To combat this, she recommended I use this toner so I picked it up in order to test it out. I haven't used it yet but I'll do a full review on it once I've used it for a couple of weeks.
RW & CO

necklace collage

This necklace was particularly beautiful. I don't wear many that look like this but this one certainly caught my eye. Although it looks like it may weigh a ton, it was super light and the color was to die for. The beads (Beads? Do you know what they're called?) were almost a soft rose-gold color linked via an intricate structure of gold chains. Plus it was on sale. Win-win.

Bath & Body Works

owl collage

One of the things that I've really gotten into is lighting candles. I never used to be a fan of candles but on a trip to Bath & Body Works sometime last year, I came across the cutest owl candle holder and just had to buy it. Forget the fact that I'd never light candles before but I just couldn't resist the owl. I used it as a decoration type thing on my bookshelf for the year but finally decided to actually use it for the reason it was made: candles!

candle collage

DSC01349

When I went to the B&BW this Friday, they had a sale on mini-candles (3/$10) so I bought three. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the ones they had; the ones I purchased were literally the only ones I liked, with Lakeside being my favorite so far. It has such a nice and sweetish smell that was too good to resist. Boathouse Row definitely grew more on me (burned through 3/4 of the candle by Saturday). Japanese Cherry Blossom is also a very sweet smell (that of cherry blossoms, obviously). These candles are said to last for about 10 hours and are relatively cheap ($4.50 each) so they're perfect for those of us who aren't completely committed to regularly burning a candle but want to get started.

American Eagle

americaneagle collage

I've never actually bought any accessories from American Eagle before but they were having a 40% off sale (argh, every place was having a sale. Not good for my wallet) so since I couldn't find any shorts, I looked to see if there was anything interesting in the jewellery rack. I don't really wear watches but I actually really liked this one. The picture makes the straps look more yellow but they're neon yellow and perfect for the summer. Plus, I've been meaning to start wearing a watch and I really liked this one so decided to take the risk. Needless to say, it's definitely growing on me.

The pearl earrings are my staple accessory. I mean the name of my blog is Pearl and Glory for a reason. These pearlies have a really soft color with a very pale yellow/creamy tint, instead of white, and I totally fell in love with them. As for the ring, I really liked it and since I only own 2 other rings, I figured I should buy another to add a little more variety to my hand.

Anyways, that's it for my haul!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent publish. I've been studying your blog site for some time now. I wanted to ask, are you currently presently looking for assistance with generating posts here? Perhaps even a guest writer? Remember to tell me. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, I am not looking for additional writers but thank you for your interest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...