January 17, 2014

Let's Get Naked (3)

This past holiday break, I gave myself one of the best Christmas gifts: Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. 

I was procrastinating from studying and on a whim, I decided to check Sephora's online store to see if it was in stock. It was Tuesday and it was supposed to be available in stores on Wednesday. Imagine my surprise to see it on the website a day earlier. Imagine my relief to see it in stock. Without a second thought, I ordered it right away.

At $60, it's certainly quite an investment to make but because of the neutrality of the shades and amazing quality of the palette itself, I'd say it's an investment you won't regret making. Plus, the palette lasts for a long time. I've been using one of the eyeshadows from the Naked palette to fill in my brows everyday and it's yet to make even a small dent.



The palette is absolutely amazing. As you can see, and as I've already mentioned in an earlier blog post, this palette boasts 12 brand-spankin'-new shades from Urban Decay. True to the quality of the Naked palette, each shadow is incredibly pigmented and glides on very well. 

The colors are fantastic and as you can see, the palette has a brilliant balance of shimmers and mattes and soft, everyday-use shades as well as those you can use for smoky eyes. 





L-R: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick


L-R: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darksite, Blackheart


Two bonuses of this palette are that it comes with a double-ended eye shadow brush and samples of all 4 of Urban Decay's primer potions: original, sin, eden, and anti-aging. Each sample claims to last for about a week's worth of use and it's a fantastic way to try out all the different formulations to see which you like the best. I know when I first bought the original primer potion, I was so overwhelmed between whether I should get sin, eden, or the original since I had no idea how all of them would look. With this, it makes your decisions easier. Plus, it's nice to try them out to see if the Urban Decay primer potions are worth the investment in the first place. 

Overall, I love this palette. I wasn't much of a fan of the Naked 2 palette but this is well worth the investment. Between this and the original Naked palette, I don't think I'll be using any other palettes that I own - at least not for regular usage. 

What do you think? Is it worth the investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...