November 15, 2013

Review: Micellar Waters


At the end of a long day of school, I don't want to spend fiddling with two or three different make-up removal cleansers just to remove my make-up. This is especially the case if I'm super tired and just want a quick make-up removal method. Feel the same way? Let me introduce you to micellar waters!

Micellar waters are great for those quick, easy times since they have a non-rinse formulation. Basically it means that unlike other make-up removal cleansers, you don't have to follow them up with washing your face. You can just use them to remove your make-up and then ta da! Dunzo! That being said, I do recommend following it up with washing your face, especially if your skin is going through a tough time. 

Bioderma Sebium H2O Micellaire Solution. Bioderma is clearly the cult classic. Bloggers, YouTubers, and any other beauty make-up gurus absolutely raved about this product so when it made its way to my local Shoppers Drug Mart, I knew I had to try it. I bought this product early this past summer after my La Roche Posay micellaire solution began to run low. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. This particular formulation is for those of us with oily skin (for normal skin, buy the pink bottle!) and since my skin gets really oily in the summer, this was perfect! At $33, it is certainly expensive but it's November and I have yet to run out of it. And I use it quite religiously. It removes about 97% of all heavy make-up and it's great for those nights where you just want one product to remove all the make-up, remove it well, and leave your skin leaving smooth. 

La Roche Posay Physiological Micellaire Solution. Compared to the Bioderma, this was really cheap. I tried this when I was in the market to replace my old make-up remover and the drugstore lady suggested I try the micellar waters. Since it was on sale at the time at almost $11, I saw no problem at a little experimentation. In my opinion, this is very similar to the Bioderma micellar water. It may not leave the skin feeling very smooth but it does go a pretty decent job at removing all the make-up. For the price, you can't go wrong. Especially if you haven't tried micellar waters and want to dip your toe into the (micellar) water. Hah. See what I did there?

Overall, I really like having micellar waters as part of my night-time routine. They're quick, easy, and get the job done. Have you tried any? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...