November 12, 2013

The November ipsy Bag

Everything I know about make-up is because of the YouTube beauty gurus. I watch a lot of them religiously but the very first guru I watched was Michelle Phan. Her videos are amazing and she is undoubtedly the beauty inspiration for many of us.

So when I heard she started a beauty subscription box, ipsy, I knew I had to get in on it. At $10, it's definitely one of the cheaper boxes and the items are really awesome. I've had the subscription for a few months now but this is the first I'm documenting simply because I haven't forgotten to do so. 

I was actually really surprised and excited about this month's bag. Usually, there is one product that I'm not so sure I will use but all of the products in this month's bag are absolutely amazing. There are two lip products (in colors that I love wearing, SCORE!), a nail polish, a bronzer (YES!), and an eyeshadow. Overall, this is one of the best boxes I've gotten thus far. 
1. Pixi Subtly Suntouched. This could not have come at a better time. I'd been in the market for a bronzer for a bit now and I'd been wanting to try the Pixi brand for some time as well so it's perfect timing!
2. Be a bombshell "Hot Damn". So this is more like a lip crayon and when you apply it, it feels like it as well. It's not super shiny but it does apply well and the pigmentation is pretty good as well. 

3. em "Don't Tell Mom". This month, we all got an extra treat with our ipsy bags: we got an item from Michelle Phan's new make-up line called 'em'. I love this color (very similar to Urban Decay's Anarchy) and the lipstick itself is very moisturizing. It glides on very smoothly and is super pigmented. LOVE the formulation!
4. BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic in "Aphrodite". I love the color of this eye shadow. It's very pigmented and is a nice warm red color with kind of a pinkish, bronze undertone. I'm not sure the picture translates that It's hard to describe but I really like the color. This would be great during the winter, especially for a nice smoky eye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...