May 26, 2013

A Night Out at Atomica

So I completely forgot to write this post until now but last Thursday (not this past Thursday but the one before that), my lab team and I went out to a restaurant called Atomica. Funny story before I begin: my friend who called Atomica to make reservations, as there were about 10 of us, didn't realize that he had accidentally made them for Friday instead of Thursday so we all showed up on Thursday night, expecting to be seated inside right away. However, because of the mix-up, the hostess sat us outside for a while, during which we just ordered some drinks and then contemplated on what to order, and then brought us inside when a big party left. It was perfect timing really, because it was starting to get a little chilly outside.
DSC01269

DSC01267

I honestly just love this picture because of the hilarious, yet completely different, expressions on everyone's faces! There was good company and the evening was just gorgeous!
DSC01271



[caption id="attachment_104" align="aligncenter" width="600"]DSC01270 Herrow, Syl![/caption]
DSC01280

DSC01282



[caption id="attachment_114" align="aligncenter" width="600"]DSC01288 Pizza 1: Bistecca (gorgonzola cream, mozzarella, 'enright cattle co,' rare flat iron steak, portobello mushrooms, arugula, balsamic reduction)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_115" align="aligncenter" width="600"]DSC01290 Pizza 2: Autunno (sundried tomato pesto, mozzarella, artichokes, roasted red peppers, olives, red onion, herbed chevre)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_116" align="aligncenter" width="600"]DSC01291 Pizza 3: Atomica (la bomba tomato sauce, mozzarella, local cremini mushrooms, 'seed to sausage' calabrese calabrese, pepperoncini)[/caption]

I ordered the Autunno (vegetarian) and it was quite simply, one of the best pizzas I've ever had. It was very filling (I had two massive pieces to pack home) and the crust was to die for; it had the best balance of soft but crispiness. Another favorite part of my pizza was the sundried-tomato pesto sauce. I've only ever had pizza with tomato sauce so ordering this was quite the risk for me, especially because it also had goat cheese and I'd never had that either, but I'm glad I made the dive. It was just too good. I can't even go on...

But wait! There's more...
DSC01303

So after we wrapped up our dinners, our hostess walks over with 10 of these badboys and says because we had to wait outside and were super patient about it, this was our treat. Um...what?! Now I don't drink so I gave mine to someone else (*cough*but I was told they tasted like peppermint liquorice and were shots of sambuca. And that's all I'll say about this picture.

DSC01304

The best part of eating out is the dessert. I mean the actually food part is great but I always get bummed out when it's dessert time and the person I'm with says they're too full for dessert. Uh. That's not possible. There's always room for dessert. A friend and I shared a tiramisu and it was absolutely amazing! It was so light and fluffy with little shaven bits of white chocolate and came in a cute little mason jar. Needless to say, it was just amazing.

Now, I've lived in Kingston for 4 years now but had yet to go to Atomica, which is weird because I absolutely love pizza and Atomica is said to be THE place to get good, gourmet pizza. And those reviews haven't let me down. I had very high expectations for it and needless to say, Atomica met every single one of them. If you find ourself in the Kingston area, do take the time to eat out at least once at Atomica, though I would suggest calling ahead just in case to make sure they have room. You can find them here:

Atomica
71 Brock St.
(613) 530-2118

Final Rating: 8.5/10

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...