May 20, 2013

Recipe: Italian Pesto Ciabatta

In my third year at Queen's, I used to work for a cafe on campus called Common Ground. They offered two sandwich options: made-to-order bagels and sandwiches and pre-made wraps and sandwiches (two of which were vegetarian). My favorite was what CoGro had named the 'Italian Pesto Ciabatta'. It was simple and delicious. However, they cancelled it the following year and because it's my favorite quick lunch item to make, I took to making the sandwich at home. And because it's so delicious, I've decided  share it with you all!

Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make. Perfect for those busy early mornings!
Italian Pesto Ciabatta1
Ingredients
- 1 ciabatta bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- Your choice of pesto
Italian Pesto Ciabatta1
Step 1: Assemble all your ingredients.
During my time at CoGro, I saw that the company they used for pesto sauce is Olivieri so I grabbed a tub from the local Metro. Olivieri is quite expensive (about $5.30 for the small tub) but I was used to paying $5.50 for the pre-made sandwich so it is much cheaper for me to buy the tub since I could make about 2-3 sandwiches out of one tub. Of course, you can also use homemade pesto as well!
Step 2: Slice your ciabatta in half and spread pesto on both sides. Use your discretion as to how much you want in your sandwich.
DSC01310
Step 3: Slice your mozzarella cheese in thin slices.
DSC01312
DSC01313
Step 4: Place the cheese slices on both sides (like the pesto and then thinly slice your tomato. Put the tomato on one side and close the sandwich.
DSC01315
Voila! Enjoy the sandwich!
DSC01316
DSC01317

1 comment:

  1. Great idea using pesto as a sandwich spread... I'm gonna try that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...