May 14, 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Righteous Butter

The one thing I don't like about my body is that from my neck down, I have the driest skin possible. Like Sahara Desert dry. My face, on the other hand, gets super oily, especially in the summer. So by now, trust me when I say I've tried pretty much any kind of body butter or body lotion out there. Okay, most of them.

Victoria's Secret? Done. The Body Shop? Done. St. Ives? Got it!

But one that I hadn't tried yet was Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter. I mostly avoided it because of its priciness. At $18 a container, I wasn't sure I should buy it so for a long time I avoided the purchase. However, after my last final exam in April I decided to just go for it. I needed some retail therapy and figured I'd be better off buying the body butter than more clothes. A month later, I'm glad I made that purchase.
DSC01251

Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter is their original formula made especially for those of us cursed with very dry skin. It contains shea butter and aloe vera, two key components to get your skin back to it's healthy glow. Oh, and did I mention it smells absolutely divine? Currently, I slather on a generous amount just as I'm heading off to sleep as a way to relax my entire body and this routine leaves me feeling utterly peaceful.

One reason that I didn't take a liking to other super-moisturizing lotions and creams is because they leave my skin with a sense of greasiness. Have you guys ever found that? You slather on a good amount of lotion and it feels just great but then when it comes time to put on your skinnies, suddenly it feels like you're trying to put on tight leather pants on a hot summer day! Needless to say, it's not a desirable feeling. This was not the case with the Soap & Glory body butter! Out of all the body butters I've tried, this had the least amount of greasiness so I was one happy camper.
DSC01252

DSC01253


I got my tub at Shoppers Drug Mart (drugstores in Canada) but if you live elsewhere, I'm not sure where you might be able to find them. You can try your local drugstores such as Ulta, Target, etc. Regardless, if you can get your hands on a tub of this body butter, I would highly recommend you give it a go. You won't be left unimpressed!
DSC01254

5 comments:

  1. LOVE Soap and Glory's body butters. Such amazing products

    Love your blog! Take a look around mine, maybe something will spark your interest and you'll subscribe! Hope to hear from you soon! :)
    http://www.lifeofahousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! And I will definitely check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Please subscribe if you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This butter looks amazing!

    - KW
    http://musthaveboxes.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...