July 17, 2013

A Day of Strawberries and Buskers

This past weekend, Kingston played host to the 25th annual Kingston Buskers Festival. If you don't know what busking is (I sure didn't), it's basically street performing. My parents also visited on Saturday so it was a perfect time to visit. We spent the whole afternoon by the water and watching as many performances as we could. It was a searing hot day but it was very nice.








Earlier that day, I'd also gone strawberry picking at a local farm called Fruition Farms. It was the last day that the strawberries were open for picking by the public and I'd been dying to go after my housemate went a week ago. Aside from being bitten by bugs (and partially terrorized by a bee), it was a perfect early morning start to a beautiful day! I went with my work supervisor, Katie, and we had just the best time. Also, isn't that just the cutest license plate? I love it.



We got driven out to the strawberry field by a giant tractor and then were left alone to pick as much as we wanted.




I really wanted to fill up the small 2L basket as well but the heat was taking its toll on both Katie and I so I called it quits after filling up the big 4L basket. 

All in all, it was a fantastic Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...