July 22, 2013

Review: MAC's Face and Body Foundation

Every year in September, my university has a big Sidewalk Sale as part of the Freshmen Orientation Week where a bunch of vendors, all our clubs and organizations, and our school's retail outlets set up shop on a street. Last year, I came across a small MAC kiosk where the lady was giving out samples of its Face and Body foundation. I picked up the shade C3 and then months later, decided to buy it. 


The foundation itself is great. It is a natural, satin finish foundation which means that it's not the best at coverage. You can hope to get low-to-medium coverage so don't pick it if you're prone to break out. My skin does break out easily during exam season and especially in the summer so I haven't been using it as much recently. 


Another thing to note about this foundation is the satin finish. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if your face gets really oily. Because of the satin finish, it gives a dewy effect on my skin, which is not a big deal during the winter. Summer is a different story, however. My face is more prone to oiliness because of the heat so I stay away from this foundation. And if I use it, I make sure I'm carrying some compact powder to fix up my face throughout the day.


However, it's a very lightweight formula (as you can see in the swatch) so it's great if you want to even out your skin tone before you apply any other products. I mostly used the product during the winter when my face was otherwise clear of any breakouts. 

Regardless, this is a great foundation and I would highly recommend it. It blends beautifully and I absolutely love that it's not very heavy on my skin. 

What do you guys think? What's your favourite foundation currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...