July 19, 2013

NOTD: Essie's Eternal Optimist

I've realized that I haven't updated about beauty in a while. There's been too many random posts but I think I know just the way to get back into beauty blogging.

I've been obsessed with painting my nails a pastel color. I don't know if pastels are supposed to be trendy this season but I can't resist me some pastel nails. I've also discovered the wonders of Essie. For the longest time, I couldn't rationalize spending more than $4-5 on a nail polish and the first time I tried Essie, the color began to chip in like 4 days. However, my local drugstore was having a sale on Essie nail polishes and I couldn't help but pick up a few.


One of the ones I picked up was Eternal Optimist. It's a great soft-pink color that almost borders on nude in certain lighting. I absolutely love this color, especially if you're in the mood for something a little girly but don't like darker pinks or hot pinks. I put on two coats; I find that Essie nail polishes always require two coats. The only thing I don't like about these nail polishes in general? The brushes aren't wide. I've found that my hands are much more stable if the brush is wide and a little flat but it's not that big of an issue.


Here's the color in better lighting. 

What do you guys think? What's your favorite nail polish shade?

2 comments:

  1. Essie always come out with the prettiest colours!

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...